We are excited to begin what promises to be a great school year in Marshall ISD in 2022-2023! This page is to provide you with as much information as possible to help prepare for the start of the school year. We will add items to this page as they become available throughout the summer, so please check back frequently for the latest information.
As always, if you have questions regarding your school and procedures and policies, please contact your child's campus. Thank you for your support and we look forward in partnering with you to make your child's educational experience the highest quality possible for their future.
We would like you to understand the protocols and procedures for the 2022-2023 school year. Please understand that these protocols and procedures may be updated, as appropriate, to stay current with the latest guidelines set forth for Texas Public Schools. CLICK HERE
Start Time: 7:30 A.M. Dismissal: 3:10 P.M.
Campus doors will open at 7:00 a.m.
Early Release days will end at 12:00 P.M.
Start Time: 7:55 A.M. Dismissal: 3:35 P.M.
Campus doors will open at 7:30 a.m.
Early Release days will end at 12:25 P.M.
AM Session: 8:00 A.M. - 12:15 P.M.
PM Session: 12:17 P.M. - 4:32 P.M.
The Marshall ISD Police Department was officially licensed in November of 2014 and serves as the official security arm of the school district. As of July 2018, the department consists of a police chief, four full-time officers, and a department secretary. The MISD Police Department is committed to the safety and security of all school personnel and students, as well as the protection and security management of all school district property.
MISDPD PHONE NUMBERS
The Student Code of Conduct is the district's response to the requirements of Chapter 37 of the Texas Education Code.
The Code provides methods and options for managing students in the classroom and on school grounds, disciplining students, and preventing and intervening in student discipline problems.
This Student Code of Conduct has been adopted by the Marshall ISD Board of Trustees and developed with the advice of the district-level committee. This Code provides information to parents and students regarding standards of conduct, consequences of misconduct, and procedures for administering discipline. It remains in effect during summer school and at all school-related events and activities outside of the school year until an updated version adopted by the Board becomes effective for the next school year.
The Marshall ISD Student Dress Code has been established to teach grooming and hygiene, prevent disruption, and minimize safety hazards. Uniform dress is required in Pre-K through 8th grade in Marshall ISD. Students and parents may determine a student's personal dress and grooming standards, provided they comply with the guidelines as outlined in the Dress Code located here.
Marshall ISD utilizes Skyward Family and Student Access to communicate important information to parents such as student grades and attendance history. Parents are encouraged to open a Family Access account so that you may have instant access to your child's progress throughout the school year. We also ask that you maintain the correct e-mail address and phone number as these are used throughout the year to contact you via our School Messenger notification system.
If you do not currently have an account to access Skyward Family, please download and complete the forms below:
• Skyward Family Access Registration Form English | Spanish
Marshall ISD takes the safety of our students and their families very seriously and will communicate with our stakeholders in the event of a weather-related emergency or other issues that have the potential to disrupt the school day. MISD uses the following guidelines to communicate changes in school schedules or cancellations as a result of inclement weather or other emergencies:
• The Superintendent of Schools makes decisions on school schedules and/or cancellations in these cases, in consultation with administrative staff and departments. In the event of inclement weather before school, all possible scenarios are taken into consideration including the safety of MISD bus transportation. We do not make decisions based on the decisions of other districts in the area. When conditions warrant that travel safety is threatened or impaired in Marshall, we will make decisions accordingly.
• If Marshall ISD must cancel or delay classes due to weather or other issues, parents will be notified by phone alerts, local radio, television, district website and social media sites on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. IMPORTANT: Parents are encouraged to follow MISD on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter in order to receive immediate information regarding potential closings, as these methods of communication are much faster and will be posted the instant any decision is made regarding school schedule changes or closings.
• Parents are responsible to ensure that contact information in your school's Skyward Family Access portal database is correct and up-to-date, including contact phone numbers and e-mail addresses, so that our notification system can be used more accurately and effectively. If your information is not updated through the Family Access system, you will not receive the phone calls or other messages.
Emergency information as it becomes available will be posted immediately on social media outlets as well as the district website. For your convenience, we will also notify the outlets below:
• Marshall News Messenger
• KMHT 103.9 FM
• 92.3 FM The Depot
• KTBS Channel 3 - Shreveport
• KSLA Channel 12 - Shreveport
• KTAL Channel 6 - Shreveport
Marshall ISD maintains an official Faceboook page, Instagram page and a Twitter feed. The district also uses School Messenger as our mass notification service. We encourage parents to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for news and information from around the district, as well as to make sure your phone numbers are always updated through your campus so that you may receive district and campus phone calls and messages throughout the year from the School Messenger notification system.
Click here to read our official MISD social media policy.